Thursday, April 15, 2010

I'm so excited!!

Just a quick little post today as I feel I've been neglecting my little blog. I'm super excited about something that came in the mail today! I ordered some things from the SewingwithNancy website and they came in less than seven days! Whoot! It's a good thing the mailman is a tolerant soul as he was a little surprised by a woman sqealing with delight at the boxes he dropped on my front stoop. :) I know a picture is worth a thousand words but I can't bring myself to let anyone see the clutter on my table so I'll just have to tell you what I got. Steph over at lovestitches posted about how she'd like to start making some of her own clothes last week. I totally agree with her on the poor quality of ready-to-wear these days and have wanted to try making clothing. This would be less frustrating if the sewing patterns didn't need alterations. Let's face it the female form is very diverse and very few people can use a purchased pattern without tweaking it here and there. That said I've been lusting after Pattern Fitting with confidence by Nancy Zieman for sometime and at long last it's finally mine. I'm a big waffler about getting things for myself and this was a major purchase. I've justified it by reminding myself that our local library doesn't have it to borrow. Little "big" things like this can make me so happy. I've had a lot of different stressful stuff happening and really needed this little bright spot. Hope you find some small thing that makes you happy today! Later!, but not too much I hope.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for my copy too! It is going to be SO useful! I am going to have to blog about it when I start making clothes. Thanks again, it is very welcome! Clothes you pay others to sew should last a lot longer than they do!!

    ReplyDelete

I luuvv comments. I'll try to respond to all comments but please be patient and kind as I have a sometimes hectic life.