Wednesday, October 27, 2010

It's been quite awhile since I've posted. Whew! Let's just say I wasn't sitting on my laurels while I was away rather it was the opposite. I'm sure I've mentioned that I rescue-recycle other peoples trash. As a result I had some pieces of furniture that needed to be revamped before I could bring them inside.

This Rattan chair required 4 cans of Krylon spray paint in Ocean Mist. The old foam seat was in good shape and only need to be recovered in navy blue taffeta. I purchased a very pretty striped cushion for the back at my local thrift store. This was a curb find that been sitting in my garage waiting for some TLC. It’s been waiting for about two years now! Can we say procrastinate?

This little wooden wall cabinet was originally a dark stain with no shine. I used a roller and brush to apply Kilz primer. It’s sealed with a satin finish water based polyurethane. I’m assuming it’s an antique due to the square nails keeping it together. This was a gift from a friend who was cleaning out her garage. I am so sorry that in my excitement over being gifted this really cute cupboard I got straight to painting before I took a before shot.  








These ladder back chairs are from the same day I picked up the rattan chair. There were originally four but one was given to a neighbor and one is currently in my upstairs bathroom. The seats are woven but I don’t know what with. Straw maybe? Another neighbor wanted one for her desk but asked if I would paint it white. I painted it with some white oil based enamel I had in the garage. This time I was so excited to be off loading some of my shunk I gave it to her before I took a finished photo.
I do have some other things I've been working on but it's going quite a bit slower these days. As the weather has turned cold I've had to move on to projects I can do inside. I also got a paying side job of helping my friend paint her bathroom and bedroom.  
Shunk-- anything not purchased new was considered by my ex as "shitty junk"  which was then shortened to shunk. Maybe that's why he's an ex instead of a current husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I luuvv comments. I'll try to respond to all comments but please be patient and kind as I have a sometimes hectic life.